Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Life, Interesting?

Today, my pain management doctor told me I had an interesting life. Me? I don't think it's much different from others. I wake up, go to work, come home, go to sleep and do it all over again the next day. Okay, maybe she means my life prior to the BIG CHANGE, and I am not referring to menopause.

I suppose I have led an interesting life. I have met some famous people (Donovan, John Phillips, Elvin Bishop, Jay Leno) and not so famous people (Members of th KGB, boatloads of both television and radio newscasters, the Chairman of the California Republican Party). I even once was kissed twice in the same day by two millionaires. I suppose it has been somewhat interesrting, but mostly I think it is due to my view of life-sideways. And while I enjoy a good Pinot Nior, Merlot is my fave. (If you don't get the connection, look up Thomas Hayden Church on imbd.com) I enjoy finding oddness and irony in life. Like the package of cherry wood smoked bacon. That proudly proclaimed it was "gluten free".

Gee, I certainly hope so. I will take my pancakes and toast separate, please. Or the sign in front of the red light at the corner of Holiday Lane and Travis Blvd in Fairfield right in front of Peet's Coffee. You know, the sign that says "No Parking or Stopping". So when there is a red light, am I supposed to obey the sign or the light? I mean, that's a cash cow for the city. Since I saw and took a picture of that one, I have found many around town. They must've gotten a discount by purchasing a lot at one time.

Thank God for cameras on our phones, eh? Now the world is a comedy stage. Which reminds me, there is something else I have done that many people haven't. I have done stand-up comedy where Robin Williams got his start-The Holy City Zoo in San Francisco. It's not there anymore; apparently, there were riots when I wasn't performing and...
Okay, back to reality. Actually, the downturn in the economy in the early 90's claimed the Zoo as one of its many victims.
As for irony, I LOVE IT. Unlike ironing. Whew, HATE THAT. Mom hated ironing too. So it baffled me one day while she was ironing sheets (yep, back in the days of real linen sheets, they had to be ironed) she was complaining about having to do it. I asked her, if she didn't want to do it, why she did. She said "What would your grandmnother think if I didn't iron them?" I told her grandma wasn't there and wasn't coming by anytime soon. My poor mom never could get her mom's expectations out of her mind. And it passes down the generations.
Maybe that's why I have cats. They won't have offspring as I spay or neuter them. I can end this cycle with me.
My life, interesting? Maybe. But there's a lot more interesting stuff left in the world and I intend to find it and maybe taste some of it too. I mean, I wouldn't want to let my Dr. down, now, would I? She keeps my pain at bay...

2 comments:

  1. Very nice to see you writing again. Looking forward to reading more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please tell everyone you know about this blog. I'll update when I can. But I've written a book about my time being homeless and am looking for a publisher. If I have a lot of followers, it will help sell the book
      Thanks!

      Delete