Monday, February 20, 2012

But I Don't Wanna Be A Diamond!

This was suppopsed to be done on the 19th but I decided to actually stay home because I am beat. And this early spring or lack of winter has my sinuses all in an uproar so I sound like a cokehead needing a fix. Sniff, sniff.

I picked up Ming Friday night from her former caretaker's home. He said she came home Thursday night, when his wife was there, and hadn't stopped meowing since. Once I held her in my arms she stopped, then she started up that wonderful motor of hers. She was well taken care of; her nails were trimmed and she hadn't lost any weight and she had been brushed. I wish I knew who had her so I could thank them. That's a letter to the editor, I suppose. She is now with my former neighbor in downtown Fairfield, where Mowgli is being nursed back to health. I spent some time with both of them Friday night while watching the 2nd episode of "Lillyhammer". Anita has me hooked on it. It's a Netflix production and stars Little Stevie Van Zant of E Street Band fame and also The Sopranos. It's pretty funny.

I still need to pick up the girls' things from their former caretaker's home. It was something I was supposed to do on Sunday, but didn't get to. I still need to clean out my car, which means I need to stop at one of my storage units and get stuff out. I can't wait for the day when I have everything with me and no more storage unit. But I can't do that until I have my own place.

I met with my caseworker on Thursday and the Director of the program asked if she could sit in. Of course, I said. I played for them a recording of GB (look in earlier posts to get the explanation) where she told me to "stay right there". That was after she went on her tirade of calling me all sorts of names and telling me, no yelling at me, to clean up the bathroom. Which is funny because she is the one who ate crackers in there and left one hell of a mess. When she is not on her medications, she grunts and can't stop eating. Needless to say, she wasn't on her meds. I told the caseworker that at the meeting and she said that GB says she grunts after taking her allergy meds because it gets stuck in her throat. Hmmm, she must be taking those meds 24/7 then. At the beginning of the meeting, the director wanted to know why I looked so sad. I don't know, could be because you are kicking me out by the 29th and I have nowhere to go, crappy credit and a temporary job? I mentioned that I wasn't looking forward to sleeping in my car and then went on to explain the circumstances. I think she rescinded the notice she gave me last Monday, but am not certain, so since this last thing is NOT in writing and the notice is, I will have to go with what is on the notice, which says I have to be out by the 29th. I think the director should be checked for Bi-polar as she goes through periods of euphoria and makes no sense and then has periods where she is down. Oh well, like both she and the caseworker said when I was talking about the grunting, I am not a psychiatrist so I cannot diagnose.

I looked for rooms Wednesday morning and Thursday in between interviews with Contra Costa County. One person with a room answered, but that was when Ming was missing. He said one cat is okay, two is too many. I called around about apartments, too, even calling the place across the street from where I lived on West Street for 15 years, but he won't have anything available until April. I need a permanent job; although I will get unemployment when this job ends, it is only half of what I get now, which would be $1400/month with no subsidies. The interviews I went on Thursday went well, but the morning one said I was overqualified and I was late to the afternoon one because the printer at the library took 15 minutes to print out what should have taken 2, so I was 10 minutes late. Oh well. I can only do what I can with what I have.

Tomorrow (Monday) is going to be interesting. I meet with my boss in the afternoon to go over any improvement I have made at work concerning the write up she gave me a few weeks back. It is mostly about being unprofessional, and it's true. I have allowed my home situation to leak into my work situation and that cannot happen. When I am at work, I need to focus on work and work only. I think I am doing better. But it doesn't matter what I think. What matters is what the boss thinks. I showed her the letter they gave me that says I have to be packing by the 29th, just so she knows where I am coming from. I did not choose to be homeless; but I am ultimately responsible for choices I make at work. It was and is a hard lesson to learn.

God wants me to be a diamond; I am content with being a lump of coal. Guess who wins?

No comments:

Post a Comment