Sunday, February 12, 2012

Focus, Focus, Focus

Long time no write. It's been exactly seven days. Am at the Cordelia Starbuck's writing this as Suisun City closes at 9 or something. We certainly need a 24-hour Internet Cafe here...

On to my life. Mowgli is still alive. I have apologized to her immensely. She looks at as if to say, "Mommy, what did I do wrong? I will never do it again. I promise." Her crying meows say the same thing. I can't cry or get upset around her because then she would use her strength trying to comfort me instead of getting better. Although she has special food, with other cats in the household where she is staying, it is hard to keep the food separate. So I picked up the medicine for her ears and her former caretaker was correct-it's expensive. A hundred dollars a month in fact. When I can get a place, we are going back on the food because she will be the only cat. Then when that is over, we will go back to the pills. When she starts to feel better she will equate taking the pill with feeling better.

Dr. Cole did take some blood and the test came back what it would for any cat who has hyperthyroidism. She was surprised that other organs weren't harmed. I am relieved. Anita, who is taking care of her, is an awesome human being. I can't thank her enough. She is not only making sure Mowgli has her medicine but also takes time out of her day just to giver her loving. She missed that with the previous person. He is and always be a dog person, not one to cuddle up with a pet, but rather play with one.

Ming still hasn't shown up. I have her listed on Pet Harbor.com, put an ad in the paper and put posters out at the vet's office as well as around the neighborhood she walked away from. She had a hard life, the first nine of them being with my brother who shouldn't have pets as he has a hard enough time taking care of himself. Then she had a good life until I became homeless. I just feel like crap not knowing what happened to her. She had a hecka good purr on her and although it was painful, I will miss her jumping on my full bladder to gt me to wake up and feed her canned food.

As for my living situation, still the same. Although I think it's bogus that the rules are not applied to everyone equally. But I cannot think about that. I need to look ahead, to get out of there. Even if I live in a house for a few months to get enough money saved up for an apartment, that would work. The roommate who threatened me actually spoke to me today, so I suppose she is back on her meds. Before she would either yell or grunt. I do find it disgusting though, that she left cracker crumbs all over the bathroom (It had to be her because the other roommate who shares the bathroom with us is out of town this weekend.) as well as a rolled up used sanitary napkin. I tell myself to be grateful that she wrapped it up. It could have been worse. I stay away from there as much as I can ion order to keep my sanity. Anyone know of a room for rent in Suisun City or Fairfield that is NOT furnished and will accept a cat? Drop me a line if you know of one.

As for the job, I was written up on Wednesday. I am still short staffed because I had one person quit a the beginning of the season, another person got a full time job elsewhere and can only work weekends and a third person got into a car crash and is still out for three more weeks-Dr.'s orders. Needless to say, last Tuesday my boss and her boss came by at the most inopportune time; I was on the phone in the back dealing with a client who had not received her money yet (Thank you IRS!). When I made coffee that morning, I accidentally spilled some on the counter in the back and hadn't had a chance to clean it up. And in walks my boss and her boss. In any case, I was given a written warning for not being the "leader" they hired me to be and I must agree. My mind has been on other things than work, but it needs to be focused 110% on work. I did tell my boss that I was sorry it looked so bad and what had happened to me the Saturday prior. Unfortunately with my not always indoor voice and the thinness of the walls, apparently her boss who was out front helping clients, also heard what happened to me. I need this job. I need a permanent job but this will work for now. I cannot afford to lose a job, no matter what. I need to focus.

It's like my younger sister Maureen says, "How do you eat an elephant? One piece at a time." When I am at work, I need to focus only on work. When I am not at work I can concern myself with finding a place to live, locating Ming and getting Mowgli healthy. But since I need to focus on work at work, I am no longer allowed to bring this netbook to work. So if I am missing a blog for a day or two it just means I can't get to a wi-fi place to get it out. Because I am focusing. One piece at a time.


The girls in happier days. Ming on the left and a healthy weight Mowgli on the right.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you gf...one day at a time, one moment at a time...how else can we really survive this all?

    ReplyDelete